Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Firm and Burn

Matt had jury duty today so I went home right after work and took care of the puppers.  I managed to get in an at home workout from fitness magazine.
I actually did this workout over Christmas when my gym was closed and my hips, quads, shoulders and obliques were feeling it the next day.  I decided to give it another go today even though I'm a little sore from my run yesterday!


My Favorite Move:
This spider crawl was awesome. I could really feel it in my obliques and shoulders.

My meals were pretty simple today.  I had Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats for breakfast and peanut butter and apple butter sandwich with an apple for lunch. I also had a few snacks throughout the day including a banana, kashi granolla bar and some dark chocolate.  For dinner I tried a new recipe from www.skinnytaste.com. I love this blog. She has so many good recipe ideas and they are all really easy to make. I made her recipe for Turkey Stuffed Peppers:
Recipe:
1 lb lean chopped turkey meat
1 garlic, minced
1/4 onion, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin powder
salt to taste
3 large sweet red bell peppers, washed
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
Olive oil spray
1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
Heat oven to 400°. Spray a little olive oil spray in a medium size saute pan and heat on a medium flame. Add onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and add ground turkey. Season with salt and garlic powder, and cumin and brown meat for several minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes. Combine cooked rice and meat together
Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish. Spoon the meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can. Place all stuffed pepper halves on the baking dish and pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan. Cover tight with aluminum foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy.

Matt has another day of jury duty tomorrow so I'll try to get in a workout after dinner.  It's soooo hard to have motivation that late at night.  Fingers crossed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment