Thursday, October 27, 2011

Big News!

Today I found out that my sister is having a little GIRL this March!! Giona and Mia are going to make such good older siblings. They are too cute and I can't wait to see pictures of them from halloween.

My day today was a little crazy! I got home from my shopping trip last night around 9:30 so I ended up just throwing some leftover chickpea casserole in a container for lunch the next day.  It did not dissapoint.  Even better than the first time I had it. 
After work I headed to the gym for a quick workout.  I did about 30 minutes of weights and 40 minutes of cardio on both the bike and elliptical.  When I got home I warmed up one of my leftover turkey burgers and threw together a salad to go with it.
I put some carrots, snap peas, blue cheese and the mose AMAZING spicey black bean hummus on my salad.  I got the hummus at our local co-op a few weeks ago and I've been obsessed with it ever since.
After dinner I started cleaning the house and putting some things together for our halloween party on Saturday.  I'll be making a couple of new recipes for the party and I will definitely let you all know how it goes and share some of the recipes.
Now if I only knew what costume I wanted to wear. It's definitely a year for a recycled costume.  They can be so expensive.  If only I had the creativity to make my own lol. 
I'm thinking of waking up early tomorrow and going for a short run depending on how early I get to bed tonight.  I really need to get used to running in the cold before our 10k in November.  At least I know if I do go for a run I have a yummy breakfast to come back to.  I made a bowl of pumpkin pie overnight oats! One of my favorites!
1/2 cup plain fat free greek yogurt
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup pumpkin
pumpking pie spice to taste
drizzle of maple syrup
spoonfull of natural peanut butter
craisins

Mix together the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment