Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snow In October

I woke up on Saturday to such a gross day outside.  This was the day we were having people over for Halloween.  Not too many people, but of course I was running around the kitchen like a crazy person trying to get everything ready.  I attempted to make these cute ghost meringue cookies.  Well it turned out to be an epic FAIL.  So I took a quick look around the kitchen to see what I had on hand, and then searched the internet to find a quick recipe for some healthy cookies.  I ended up making Peanut Butter Bars. They were so easy with only a handful of ingredients.  I would say all together they took me 20 minutes to make with baking and everything.
Recipe:
1.5 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 egg (i used egg whites)
1/2 cup peanut butter (smuckers natural chunky)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 inch square baking pan.  Mix all ingredients, pour into baking pan and bake for 15-18 minutes.


I also had to make something with pumpkin in it or it wouldn't be Halloween.  I made a pumpking pie dip and served it with apple slices and graham crackers.
Recipe:
15 oz can of pumpkin
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 oz fat free plain greek yogurt
8 oz cool whip free
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice

We also got a bread spider from great harvest.  It looked so cute I didn't want to eat it.  It was cinnamon chip flavor.


I think everyone had a good time at the party even though the weather was disgusting.  I was BATGIRL!! A left over cotume from last year....oops :)

This is the first year I've tried Pumpking Beer and I lovee it!!

The next morning I definitely felt like I had to get moving.  Halloween is one of the holidays you just have to give yourself the chance to cheat for the night.  All the food was delicious and I enjoyed every bite.  Today Matt and I headed to glasgow park for a run.  I finished 5.1 miles in 47 minutes.  I felt good to be outside even though it was a little chilly, I think about 45 degrees. 

On my agenda for today:
  • Make a wedding website (I've been dreading this)
  • Start thinking about our registry
  • Laundry
  • Some cooking for the week ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment