Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Can't Stop Running

So today I was determined to take it easy.  Matt and I have both been having some foot issues so we've been going light on the running this week.  Not as many miles.  Matt was the smart one and actually went to the foot doctor today.  He recommended rest and some inserts for his shoes.  I should really do the same thing....but I can't help but procrastinate going to any type of doctor. 

After work I headed to the gym for a strength training workout with a bit of cardio on the side.  I found some great leg workouts at http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/.  I get the magazine every month but I actually think I like the website better than the magazine. 
I started out with the Side Lunge Butt Kicker:
  • Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms by sides.
  • Lunge to right with right leg, keeping toes pointed forward and bending right knee 90 degrees. Hinge forward from hips and touch left hand to floor.


  • Push off right foot to stand on left leg as you bend right knee to bring foot toward butt, reaching left hand behind you to tap right foot. Quickly return to side lunge.




  • I did 2 sets of these per leg with 15 reps per set and I also held a 12lb weight in my one hand




  • Then I did the Carving Curtsey:
    • Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, elbows bent by sides, hands in front of chest.
    • Lunge back with left leg, bringing left foot toward right and bending both knees 90 degrees into a curtsy; swing bent left arm forward, right arm back.



  • Stand up on right leg, bringing bent left knee directly out to side at hip level and tapping left hand on left knee.



    • I did two sets per leg, each set with 15 reps and I heald two 5lb weights

    I finished up with the Behind Definer (nice name haha):

    --Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand, arms by sides.
    -- Lunge back with right leg, bending both knees 90 degrees and lifting arms to shoulder level in front of you, palms down.


    Stand up on left leg, then hinge forward from hips, extending right leg behind you until leg and body are parallel to floor and arms extend downward. Return to standing, touching right toes to floor behind you, and repeat lunge.
    • I did 2 sets of 12 per leg and was holding two 5lb weights.

    After my leg workout, I did a little bit of abs and arms and then the TREADMILL caught my eye....I couldn't resist.  I hopped on  and did a 30 minute interval workout.  Oops.  Oh well.  My foot feels fine now.  I really tried to concentrate on my stride and make sure I wasn't running too much on my toes and I think it worked.

    PS Tomorrow's Friday!!!
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment