Saturday, November 5, 2011

Busy Saturday!

Today was an exciting day.  We were up bright and early to grab a small bite to eat and get ready for our wedding cake tasting!  I had a small bowl of plain greek yogurt with a little peanut butter mixed in and granolla on the top with an apple on the side.

Then we were off to Sweets To You By Ginger for our cake tasting....at 10am.  We walked in and there were cakes everywhere.  Like a dream come true.



We went over some details for the cake and decided on this design, except with a dark purple ribbon and flowers instead of pink.

After that decision was made it was time to taste some cake! We were handed a plate with about 10 different flavors.  We quickly dug in before I could take a picture.
(the aftermath)


attractive I know

We decided on three falvors, one for each layer.  The largest layer with be a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and fresh strawberries.  The middle layer will be chocolate cake with a raspberry jelly, and the top layer will be carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  Yes Please!

When we got home I snuck in a quick 30 minute pilates video and 15 minute weight lifting workout before we went to our friend's daughter's first birthday party.


Alysse chowing down on her bday cake!

I snacked on some fruit and veggies at the party because I was still so full from our cake tasting. 

After the party we went out to dinner with Matt's family and I got a grilled pork chop with green beans and lima beans....and totally forgot to take a picture.  I really need to get better at remembering to take pictures of my food! I'm always just so ready to dig in. 

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a long run in, 6 or 7 miles.  And I'm so happy we are gaining an extra hour! And that it won't be pitch black anymore when I leave for work in the morning. 




No comments:

Post a Comment