Sunday, November 6, 2011

Amazing Pizza

Today was the perfect Sunday.  We didn't have too much planned after yesterday's marathon of events.  I woke up early and grabbed some breakfast....overnight oats of course. 
I had it with some coconut water.  I usually try to drink some of this on days that I know I'll be doing a longer run.  It's a good replacent for me for a sports drink.  I really am not a fan of gatorade type drinks.  Just too much added sugar and I don't like the taste.  Coconut water is delicious! And it has a lot of natural electrolytes.

I headed over to Glasgow Park for a practice 10k.  The race is coming up in less than 2 weeks and I am getting really excited to run it!

I ran around a 9.16 pace.  It was a really good run and my foot didn't bother me at all which made my day!  And I'm finally starting to get used to running in the cold.  When I got home I was ravenous.  I had some of my leftover lunch from friday with an apple and some veggies.
The rest of the day was spent cooking for the week.  If I can, I try to cook most of my meals on Sunday for the week so that they just have to be warmed up on the day that we actually eat them.  If I go to the gym right after work I don't get home until around 5:15 and I really do like to eat before 6....I'm weird I know.  So while I was at it I worked on our dinner for tonight Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Pizza Dough which I got from Meals and Miles.

1tsp dry yeast
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 sweet potato mashed (I cooked mine in the microwave for about 10 minutes)
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup hot water

Mix together the hot water and yeast until yeast dissolves. Leave the bowl in a warm place until a froth forms on the top.
Mix together the dry ingredients and then add the sweet potato and mix until crumbly.  When the yeast is ready, make a well in the dry ingredients and mix it in.  Knead to make a smooth dough.

Wrap the dough in a greased peice of plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for at least an hour. I put mine in the microwave.  Then I just used my hands to for a round(ish) shape. We don't have a pizza stone so I just put some cornmeal down on a baking sheet.
Cook the dough for 5 minutes @ 425 degrees, add your toppings, and then bake for 5 more minutes.
I topped mine with some pesto sauce, some squash and zucchini that I had cooked previously, and some cheese. Matt topped his half (or 2/3) with chopped garlic, tomatoe sauce, grilled chicken and cheese.

We both had our pizza with side salad.  I will definitely be making this again.  It was sooo good!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment