Thursday, November 10, 2011

Looking Forward To Letting Loose

Hello everyone! It's been a busy couple of days.  I just got back from the grocery store, picking some things up for this weekend (Homecoming!).  Who would've thought the grocery store would be so crowded on a Thursday night when it's raining? It was mobbed!

I didn't get a chance to write yesterday because I went to the UD Graduate Expo after work.  I'm seriously considering going back to school part time to get my Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology.  I would work full time while taking classes.  I would just have to make up the time I missed from work by staying later at the end of the day. I would take 1 class a semester for 2.5 years. Here's what I have lined up for myself:

  • Cellular and Molecular Immunology
  • Virology
  • Immunochemistry
  • Biotechnology and Molecular Medacine
  • Cancer Biology or Advanced Mammalian Physiology
YIKES hahah.  Looks pretty scary sitting there all at once.  I'm hoping to start in Fall 2012 if I get in!!

Tonight I was scraping the bottom of the fridge/freezer trying to use stuff we already had for a meal.  I went with Spicey Honey-Brushed Chicken thanks to CookingLight!
Recipe:
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
4 Skinless boneless chicken thighs
cooking spray
3 tbsp honey
1 tsp cider vinegar

I mixed all the spices in  bowl and then sprinkled them over the chicken thighs.  I preheated the oven to 375 and baked them for 25 minutes.  I then mixed together the honey and cider vinegar in a bowl, took the chicken out, brushed the chicken with the honey mixture and then baked it for 5 more minutes.  Easy! I served mine on top of brown rice and black beans.


And some veggies and pineapple on the side.


This meal was a good pick me up after my workout at the gym.  I did some squats and lunges and a short ab workout and then hopped on the treadmill. I attempted to run for 30 minutes at what I would like to be my "race pace" next saturday. 
15 minutes @ 6.3 (9.30 pace)
15 minutes @ 6.5 (9.15 pace)
Every fifth minute I would up the incline to try and get used to hills
When I finished I was at 3.2 miles

For some reason it's always easier for me to run a 9.15 pace when I'm outside than when I'm on a treadmill.  While running I started thinking about some treadmill conspiracy haha.  The treadmill lies!! Oh wow looks like I'm going off the deep end.  At least tomorrow is Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment