Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Perfect Day For a Run...In SHORTS!!!

It was gorgeous out today! When I left work it was 68 degrees.  I changed into my running clothes and headed out to go around the University of Delaware Campus.  I mapped my route before I left work and ran about 4.25 miles.
The best part about the run was running in shorts and a tshirt in november!

I made my way home after my run and got dinner ready.  I made this recipe on Sunday and just warmed it up today.  Looking back on it I think it would have been much better on the actual day it was made. Here is the recipe for Roasted Potatoes, Turkey Sausage, Peppers and Onions.
1 1/2 russet or sweet potatoes
1/2 medium onion cut peeled and cut in half cut into small peices
1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch peices
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 lb chicken/turkey sausage cut into peices

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.  In a bowl combine potatoes, onions, peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder.  Mix well and pour onto  baking sheet.  Bake 15 minutes.  Toss.  Add the sausage to the baking sheet and bake 25 more minutes, tossing twice during cooking. 
My dinner.  Spinach salad on the side with peas, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, craisins and blue cheese

In other news.....
  • I sent in my registration for the turkey trot 10k on November 19th!! It's official.


  • Tomorrow after work I will be going to the University of Delaware Graduate Expo to get more information on getting my Graduate Certificate in Biotechnology.  I'm hoping to work full time still and on the days that I have class I will just work a little later to make up the time that I'll miss.  I'm hoping to start next fall!!
  • Matt and I got approved to adopt a dog! We sent in our application today and they wrote us back and told us we could come look at the dog we are interested in this sunday. His name is Champ. He is a 2 1/2 year old Puggle that is good with cats.  Perfect!!  Fingers crossed. I'm hoping he has a good temperment and is actually good with cats.

Time for some more chores! We've been getting our house ready for our visitors this weekend slowly but surely! Can't wait for this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment