Saturday, November 12, 2011

UD Homecoming!

Today was such a fun day.  I love everything about homecoming....being able to pretend like I'm still in college, having good food and beer with my college friends, going into the game!....and then realizing at the end of the day that I am not in college anymore and that I get a huge headache from only 2 drinks! hahah.  It was still a fun day though!

Before we left for the game I had a chobani greek yogurt and a banana nut muffin with some peanut butter.  Decaf coffee on the side.
This is my go to recipe for muffins. They are really easy to make and are perfect for when you have some brown bananas sitting around.

Banana Nut Muffins
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon (but I usually add more b/c I love it)
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup banana (about 2 bananas)
3/4 cup milk
3 tbsp canolla oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg or equivalent of egg whites
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Prehet oven to 375 degrees. Combine ingredients through salt.  Separately combine banana and next 4 ingredients through egg.  Add flour mixture to wet ingredients.  Fold in walnuts.  Bake for 22 minutes.  Makes 12 muffins.

After breakfast we headed over to the parking lot to get a spot for tailgating.  While we were there we had a few beers and cooked up some regular burgers and turkey burgers to have for lunch.  I used my favorite turkey burger recipe (i'm slightly obsesssed).

BBQ Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers
1.3 lb ground turkey
1/3 cup bbq sauce
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup blue cheese

Mix all ingredients and grill! Makes 5-6 burgers

We also had some pretty good snacks on the side.  Matt grilled up some sweet potatoes and we had chips and guacamole and some homeade cookies that my friend Stephanie made.  Yum.  I definitely let myself enjoy the day and the food.  Homecoming only comes around once a year and it was nice to be able to enjoy it.  I knew in my head that I had a long run planned for the next day and I had worked hard the previous week at the gym.  I was ready to let loose!

We went into the game for a little, but by this time it was starting to get a little too cold for us.  We grabbed a quick slice of pizza for dinner and made our way home.  It's currently 9:15 and I am soooo ready for bed.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to get in a 5-6 mile run before we go see the puggle Champ at the SPCA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment