Sunday, October 23, 2011

Squashed

I finally found Spaghetti Squash in the grocery store! I've been wanting to make this forever and just haven't come across one until now. 
The next step was cutting it in half.  This turned out to be a lot harder than I thought it would.  I read that  you can cook it whole, it just has to cook longer and then you have to let it cool all the way so you don't burn yourself when you cut into it.  After some struggling I cut that sucker in half!

Then I took out the inards, preheated the oven to 375, and baked it for 45 minutes. 

Now they are ready to fork!
I mixed mine with some  pesto and tomatoe sauce and about half a bakes chicken breast.  It didnt look so pretty but it tasted really good.  I had a salad on the side with spinach, snap peas, carrots, pineapple and balsalmic dressing.

After dinner I went for a walk around the neighborhood. My muscles are so sore from my workout yesterday/walking for 4 hours, a walk was about all I could handle. 

Back to work tomorrow :(

No comments:

Post a Comment