Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Missing My Partner In Crime

It's about 7pm! Laundry is in the dryer, plants have been watered, cats have been fed, fridge has been cleared out, trash has been collected throughout the house, and dinner has been made and consumed! It's been one busy day and I am definitely glad to be sitting right now. I definitley miss having Matt around to help me out.  Can't wait until he comes home on Friday.
After work I drove over to glasgow park for a run.
I was determined to finish a 10k.  The track at the park loops around every 2.6 miles.  I finished my 6.2 miles in 57.16! I was sooo happy with my time. I ran around a 9.15 split.  I want to run around a 9.30 split during our 10k race next month. 
When I got home I put dinner in the oven and did some chores before grabbing a shower.  On the menu for tonight was Pumpkin Maple Baked Bean Cornbread Casserole.  The original recipe can be found at this website: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/10/07/pumpkin-maple-baked-bean-cornbread-casserole/
I attempted to cut the recipe by a by 3 since it was just little old me eatting it.  I'm not sure if it turned out exactly how it was supposed to because I was guestimating, but it tasted really good.  For my version I used chickpeas instead of navy beans and it turned out great.

I cooked mine in a bread pan.

I had my casserole with a sliced up apple, some geen peppers and carrots.

After cleaning up from dinner I am taking a little break from the chores. Here's what's on the menu for my little break:
A warm cup of apple cider and a magazine that I saw in the store today that I couldn't help but pick up!
Tomorrow is my day off from working out and I'm heading to Lancaster with my mom to do some outlet shopping. I still have a gift card from my birthday in August that needs to be spent.  Tomorrow's hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment