Monday, April 23, 2012

First Run In My New Shoes

Today after another Monday, I headed to the gym to run on the treadmill since it was so gross out today.  I started out with 15 minutes of ab work since my arms and legs are a bit sore from my weights workout yesterday.  Then I was ready to run in my new Brooks Adrenaline running shoes!! I completed this interval workout and finished 3.5 miles.
At the end of the first section I was right around 3 miles so I completed the last .5 miles increasing the incline by 1 each 0.1 mile.  This kicked my booty but my shoes rocked!!! I love them, it's official.  I'm hoping to get a run in outside tomorrow. It's supposed to be around 60 but windy.  Even though I hate running in the wind, it might be the only chance until the weekend to get a good run in.

Dinner:
Chicken fajitas: Chicken, peppers, and onions cooked in fajita seasoning topped with cheese, guacamole, black beans and later added spinach.  YUM. 


Matt is taking the reins with dinner tomorrow night and grilling up some steaks.  Matt loves him some steak so I humor him and cook it sometimes.  I don't know what it is but I never crave steak anymore. I don't crave steak or burgers and I haven't since college. I'll probably have a little steak but mainly stick to the sides.  I'm planning on making a variation of this southwest black bean salad from skinnytaste and some healthified mac and cheese to go with our meal. 

Time to go hang with my guys:

Sleepy little man.


PS my mom just gave me four over ripe bananas.  Anyone out there know any good recipes I could make with them? Right now I'm thinking of making whole wheat pumpkin banana bread. 






No comments:

Post a Comment