Sunday, April 22, 2012

Free Meal

This morning I woke up on a mission. I wanted to get to the gym and have a really good long strength training workout.  First I fueled up with these pumpkin protein pancakes for breakfast.  I think this might become a weekend tradition for me.
Delish!! Apple butter in between and peanut butter on top. No need for syrup here.  And then I was off to the gym...in the rain.

I did this fisrt set of workouts up top 3 times.  Each set took me about 10 minutes and I rested for 1 minute in between sets.  Aftet that I did a couple of machines before I moved on to just a little bit of ab work in the second workout.  I finished off with some planks before stretching and heading home.  When I got home Champ was waiting for me! I played with him for a little before making my lunch.  Matt and I picked up a new toy for him last night.  It has 16 squeakers in it. Champ pretty much freaked out when he realized this haha.
squeaker cow. one squeak per square


Lunch:
Tuna salad that I mixed with hummus instead of my usual yogurt, grapes and a pumpkin yogurt mixture up top!

Then for my project of the day...cook a turkey breast for the first time.  I got a free turkey breast from our grocery store for spending x amount of dollars before easter. 
Success!!!

Turkey dinner! Turkey, corn, cranberry stuffing and baked zucchini fries
I love these zucchini fries. They are perfect for cookouts and so easy to make. I got the idea from skinnytaste and adapted it to what I had in my pantry.  I mixed together some panko, parmesean cheese and garlic powder in one bowl and egg whites in a nother. I cut the zucchini up into strips, dipped them in the egg whites and then into the panko mixture.  I baked them at 425 for 20 minutes.  They even turned out good the next day. I just popped them in the toaster oven for a few minutes and they were good as new. 

The rest of my day was spent writing thank you cards, watching the flyers and doing some crafting.  I think I'm beginning to reach my diy quota haha.  34 days til the big day!!










No comments:

Post a Comment