Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Teamwork Dinner

My day today was....meh to say the least. When I broke out of work I was ready for a nice easy run to get my head back on my shoulders. I drove to a local park which is right across the street from the house I lived in during my junior/senior year of college. 
I know you guys are jealous of this beauty.  It wasn't much better from the inside unfortunately haha. I took off running and had a bit of a hard time.  It was really windy out which was killing me by the end, but I made it through 4 miles!
Mile Splits:
9.19
9.00
9.04
8.52
Oh and I forgot sunglasses :(  One of my pet peeves is running without sunglasses. Sheilds the wind from my eyes and keeps bugs from hitting me in the face.
Hellos lovely new shoes. Ok I swear this is the last time I'll bring up my new shoes.

When I got home Matt and I started whipping up dinner. Matt was on grill duty cooking our steaks and I was on side duty making mac and cheese and a southwestern black bean salad.  The mac and cheese was easy:
A boxed organic mac and cheese?? Yes Please
Good list of ingredients

The southwestern black bean salad was also pretty easy.  I altered it a bit for what I had. I mixed black beans, corn, chopped tomato, cucumber, and red onion together with 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper. I jusy eyeballed everything, no measuring necessary.

Matt did such a good job on the steaks.  I'm not a huge steak person, but these were good. A perfect medium thanks to our new digital meat thermometer.
The southwestern salad was my favorite part of the meal.  I'm having it for lunch tomorrow too mixed with some tuna.  The mac and cheese was ok.  I think next time I'll just make it myself though. 

Tomorrow maks the start of Matt and my after work volleyball league. We play every wednesday until the end of August.  I usually use these days as a rest day from weights/running.  Volleyball is a lot of fun, but not the most strenuous game, at least the way I play it haha.  I haven't touched a volleyball since last August so this should be interesting!  We're bringing Champ along and hoping he doesn't have a coniption while he is tied up and we are a whole 20 feet from him.  Fingers crossed!









No comments:

Post a Comment