Sunday, August 12, 2012

10 Miles And A Tour Bus

Hey everyone! Hope you're weekend is going well. Mine has been very relaxing which I was in desperate need of after last week.  Matt and I went to bed nice and early Friday night...losers I know haha. We planned to get up before 6am to get our run in early before the heat hit.  I'm so glad we did because yesterday was a scorcher and really humid. 

My plan going into my run was to do 9 miles or 10 miles depending on how I was feeling.  I felt pretty good after 8 miles so I decided to do 10.  That last mile was TOUGH though.  Really tough.  I just put my head down and started counting backwards from 100 haha. I finished my 10 miles and then walked a half a mile to cool down. 
OMG can you tell I was exhausted?? haha.  My eyes are half closed.
I stuck around a 10.11 pace, a little slower than last week, but I can handle that.  Next week I have to do my early run on Friday morning because we are going to a wedding that weekend. I took off on Friday, which is also my 25 birthday, and am going to get in my 10 miles before we leave for the beach that afternoon.
My running fuel. Gu energy chomps, a bottle of water and a frozen bottle with half water and half coconut water. I stopped every 2.5 miles to refuel.

When I got home from my run I was dead. I ate a big bowl of greek yogurt to refuel and later had and egg white omlet for lunch. I wanted to get as much protein in me as possible for my muscles.  I did a lot of stretching and foam rolling, but still had a good amount of pain in my hips and the sides of my knees...the IT band strikes again.

Matt and I talked about doing a bunch of different things, but eventually we decided to go out to the mall to run some errands. We were both having some difficulty moving.  Matt ran 13 miles that morning.  Then we decided to go to our local movie theater to play some games in their arcade.
Matt trying to win a ball for Champ.  We had thought about going to see The Campaign, but I didn't think I could sit still for 2 hours in the theater with the way my legs were feeling.  So we went home and I passed out for an hour ...oops. 

Later that day I called my parents and we decided to grab dinner together.  They rolled up in the parking lot in their new RV which we had not yet seen in person. 
My parent's RV or is Taylor Swift in town? haha. My parents are going to travel the country in their retirement and this will be their home.
 We went in and had drinks and snacks before going to dinner. We are classy.

This morning I woke up feeling a lot better. My legs were still a little stiff, but nothing like Saturday.  I got in a short 40 minutes strength workout before doing a bunch of cleaning around the house.  After some cleaning and playing with Champ I treated myself to my favorite salad from PureBread

Then snacked on some mixed nuts

For dinner I got to try out one of our wedding gifts, a grill pan.
I didn't feel like actually grilling, so this was the next best thing. It turned our really well, much better than just cooking the chicken in a pan.
I slapped some BBQ sauce on the chicken and also had sweet potato wedges and raw veggies with hummus.  I've really been loving sweet potatoes lately, so I cooked up a bunch this afternoon for lunches this week.

I also called my mom today to ask her how to make hard boiled eggs. I know, I'm almost 25.  I tried out her method and am about to go crack one open to see if it worked. I'm hoping to mix them into my salad for lunch tomorrow. I've really been trying to up my protein intake lately and I can definitely tell a difference in my recovery time after long runs!

Tomorow is Monday :( but I only have a 4 day week :) and I'm going out to dinner with my family tomorrow night to celebrate my birthday early since I will be gone on my actual birthday.

Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: 4-5 miles
Wednesday: Volleyball double header
Thursday: upper body strength
Friday: 10 miles
Saturday: OFF
Sunday: 3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment