Monday, October 17, 2011

My Meals for the Day

My mornings usually start with one of my favorite foods....greek yogurt!. I used to eat it alone with some granolla, but it would never keep me full for very long. I needed something that would hold me over for at least 3 hours.  This is when I discovered overnight oats.

3/4 cup strawberry greek yorgurt
1/3 cup rolled oats
drizzle of milk (depending on how you like the consitancy)
sprinkle of wheat germ
spoonfull of almond butter
craisins
Mix the night before and let it sit in the fridge. It will be ready for you the next morning. This also helps me move a little quicker in the morning since I don't have to make everything on the spot. 

For lunch I made a salad with a little bit of everything: spinach leaves, apples, rasberries, grapes, carrots, broccoli, snap peas, black beans, ground turkey, hummus, and goat cheese.
For dinner I made Spinach Lasagna Rolls: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/spinach-lasagna-rolls.html.  So easy and so yummy. I had some veggies on the side and some great harvest spinach parmesean toast. 
And I can not finish a day without some dark chocolate. I always have individually wrapped dark chocolate chunks for when I have chocolate cravings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment