Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cut Day

Today I was back to work....but only for 2 days!! During this in between week, there is basically nobody at work.  I had some work to do, but definitely not a full day's worth.  Thanks to my awesome boss I got out a couple of hours early and headed to the gym! Unfortunately I'm sick yet again.  This time it's more in my throat with a nasty cough. I managed to get in about 25 minutes of weights and 45 minutes of light cardio so that I wouldn't start coughing uncontrollably. 

When I got home I started thinking about what I want to make for New Years Eve. Matt and I have people over every year, so I like to make a few things for people to snack on.  I want to try something different this year.  I don't want to go overboard, but I want to have one sweet, one savory and some veggies.

This little diddy caught my eye on cooking light's website:

Date, Walnut and Blue Cheese Ball
source

It got really good reviews on the website and seems pretty easy to make. Hopefully mine will look just as pretty. For the sweet I'm thinking of making these:

Chocolate Covered Katie's Pumpking Cream Cheese Bars


With all that food research I was getting hungry.  I cooked up some fish for Matt and I and put mine in a big salad.



One more day of work until my 5 day weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment