Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Getting some aggression out

When I walked out of work today and saw that it was POURING, I had a feeling I wouldn't want to be heading to the gym after dinner.  But I really wanted to work out...just did not want to step foot outside my house. What to do what to do.  Thank goodness for Comcast Exercise TV!  I decided to do a 45 minute kickboxing workout to help me get some built up aggression out.  I chose Chris Freytag's 10 lb Slimdown Xtreme Kickbox. 
I have to admit I loved it. It was the perfect mix between cardio and strength training. 

Before my workout I tried a new recipe from Fannetastic Food.  We had Healthy Chicken Enchiladas for dinner.  I altered the recipe  a little for what I had on hand.
Recipe:
2 Chicken Breasts cooked, hand torn 
1/4 C canned chopped green chilies
1/4 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
Juice from 1 fresh lime
½ tsp. cracked pepper
1 tsp. cumin
2 C enchilada sauce (see recipe below)
4 large whole wheat tortillas
Extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray, as needed
¾ C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and set aside

Enchilada Sauce:
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, peeled, diced finely 1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 28-oz. can crushed fire roasted tomatoes
1 tsp. sugar
1 splash of balsamic vinegar
Add oil to pan over medium heat.  Add onion, garlic, and spices and cook for 5 minutes.  Add the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and simmer covered for 20 minutes until thick.

Spread a thin layer of Enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.  Spoon 1/4 chicken mixture in each of 4 whole wheat tortillas and roll. Place seem down in the baking dish.  Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with cheese.  Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until cheese has melted.


This recipe is definitely a keeper! Matt told me today that I need to start thinking of my own recipes and not just messing with other people's haha.  I really wish I was that creative. Maybe in time I'll get a hang of it and be a little more adventurous.


No comments:

Post a Comment