Friday, January 6, 2012

New Years "Resolutions"

I guess I'm a little late on this one but I've been thinking a lot about my new years resolutions.  They aren't really resolutions to me, more like goals. 
  1. Run a half marathon: Right now I have my eye on the September 16th Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Philadelphia.  I think this will give me enough time to train after the wedding to be ready for the race!
  2. Stress Less: I think this is one of my resolutions each year, but somehow I always fail haha.  I'm just one big stress ball most of the time.  I should definitely practice yoga more often.
  3. Start classes towards getting my graduate certificate in biotechnology:  I still have to finish my application, and still have to get my company's official policy for reimbursement.  There is no way I can afford $1400 per credit...rediculous!
  4. Come up with some of my own recipes: I usually go online and find recipes that appeal to me and then alter them slightly or make them exactly as they are.  I really want to get in to being a little more adventerous and making some of my own recipes besides grilled cheese lol.
  5. Blog!: I really like blogging so far, but I wish I could figure out how to get more followers! Any advice from fellow bloggers??  At least I know my family and friends look at it pretty often and have tried some of my recipes and workouts that I've posted!
I think 5 is enough! Friday is my rest day so I'm taking it easy tonight watching a movie and drinking some wine.  Tomorrow I'm going with my maid of honor to pick up her bridesmaid dress and my sister's bridesmaid dress. I told Matt that I really want to try on my sister's dress when I get it tomorrow just to see how it looks. Is that weird?? haha

Time to go snuggle with little man:


4 comments:

  1. They sound like great resolutions! Blogging advice - I'm still pretty new to the game overall but I think the more time you invest, the more you get back!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the advice! I'm going to put my camera into overdrive this year. The best thing about blogging is that it forces me to bring my camera everywhere, which I always fogot to do before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, thanks for commenting on my blog! I think you have awesome resolutions, good luck with them! I've only been blogging for about 6 months, but some advice is just be patient with it. Also, commenting on other blogs definitely gets your name out there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice! I love reading your blog. Congrats on the 12 mile run!

    ReplyDelete