Monday, July 16, 2012

7 MILES!!!

Today after work I ran 7 miles for the first time in my life!  The whole day I was going back and forth about if I should run outside or not. When I got out of work the heat index was around 96 degrees.  It was so humid out today and I was honestly worried about passing out if I had to run for over an hour in the heat. I opted for the....dreadmill instead.  I definitely wasn't the most pleasant experience, but I finished, and that's all that really matters.

I finished 7 miles in 1 hour 8 minutes and 45 seconds (9.49 pace).  This was a bit slower than I wanted to go, but I had to stop and walk for a couple seconds at mile 5.5 because I was getting a cramp in my side. I brought a water bottle mixed with half water and half coconut water to drink while I was running.
Love this stuff!!

When I got home I was starving.  I whipped up the quickest high protein meal I could think of. I cooked 2 eggs with some cheddar cheese in the middle.  Put that on top of half a deli flat with hummus. I also made a smoothie with half a scoop of protein powder, strawberries, half a banana, handful of spinach, coconut milk and a spoonfull of cottage cheese. Yea that's a lot for a little smoothie haha.
Simple dinner but it hit the spot.

After dinner I showered off and was looking at all my war wounds from the warrior dash. The right side of my body got beat up.

The one on the right side of my knee is going to be a doosy when it comes in all the way.  Don't judge our blue blue bathroom haha. Can't wait to remodel that thing!

I'm off to watch some of the crossfit games with Matt.  The one thing that the warrior dash made me want to do even more is CrossFit!!! After we are done our half marathon I think we are going to give it a try.  It's on the fitness bucketlist!




No comments:

Post a Comment