Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Early Morning Run

This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn, literally.  I was up at 5am to fit in my 3 mile run before work.  I had looked at the weather the day before trying to figure out if I should run before work or after work, knowing that I could not do another treadmill run after my 7.  Well the morning was about 20 degrees cooler than the 100 degree afternoon, so it was a prety easy decision. The hard part was waking up, but I did it.
Miserable haha.  Even though it was 5am, it was horribly humid outside and I came back drenched. I stood in front of the rotating fan for about 10 minutes trying to stop sweating before I got in the shower.
Splits:
Mile 1: 10.01
Mile 2: 9.27
Mile 3: 9.20

Now that my run is out of the way, it's What I Ate Wednesday!
Breakfast:
I added a little more substance to my usual overnight oats by adding 1/2 scoop of protein powder and 1/3 cup oats instead of 1/4 cup. I had a busy morning at work and really needed this to last.

Snack:
Blurry KIND bar. Too busy shoving it into my mouth!

Lunch:
Spinach salad with....celery, broccoli, carrots, blueberries, strawberries, craisins, blue cheese, hummus and black beans.  YUM.  I also had a peice of a CLIF Builders protein bar.

Snack:
Before I left work I ate an apple and some whole wheat pretzels. 

Dinner:
Wrap with slow cooker buffalo chicken, blue cheese mixture (blue cheese, greek yogurt and white vinegar) and spinach leaves. With some Summer Black Bean and Corn Salad on the side.

Snack:
Mini Cookie Dough Blizzard. I love the mini blizzards at DQ. They are the perfect size!

Fitness:
Monday: 7 miles (check)
Tuesday: Abs/Arms weights with light leg work (check)
Wednesday: 3 miles (check)
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 4 miles on the beach
Saturday: 3 miles on the beach
Sunday: Rest

Matt and I leave for OBX tomorrow afternoon! Hoping to fit in the rest of my week of half marathon training while we are there. Love running on the beach! I'm hoping I can convince my sister to run with me!











1 comment:

  1. What a delicious day of eats. Have a wonderful time on vacation :)

    ReplyDelete