Monday, July 9, 2012

Home Grown Dinner

Today was a very busy day at work.  The highlight of my day was dropping by Starbucks to try one of their iced green teas.
I'm not usually an iced tea person, but I've really been loving green tea lately.  This tea I got unsweetened and it had a good mix of green and mint tea flavors. So refreshing!

After work I booked it home, let the crazy man out of his cage and went for a half hour walk around the neighborhood.  We covered 1.5 miles and Champ was pooped by the time we finished.  Since today is the day before my long run, I just wanted to do something low impact and stretch!  A walk outside was perfect.  When we got home it was time to start cooking dinner! I had chicken fajitas on the menu for tonight.  And a yummy side salad with fresh ingredients picked right from our vegetable garden:

Summer Black Bean and Corn Salad (no measuring needed)
Frozen Corn, Thawed
Black Beans
Chopped Cucumber
Chopped Red Onion
Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Mix all ingredients and let marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving!

The cherry tomatoes and cucumbers came from our gaden....well I should say Matt's garden. I have no green thumb.  I water, that's pretty much it haha. This salad was the perfect side to our chicken fajitas.


Tomorrow I have 6 miles on my schedule!! Starting to get into some higher mileage. I'm hoping the heat doesn't get to me too much tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment