Sunday, July 8, 2012

A New Wedding Toy

Today I woke up at 6:30am for no reason, and I was pissed. Why can't I sleep in anymore even if I go to bed late??  Well I decided to stop being pissed and take advantage of getting up early by going on my 3 mile run before the heat kicked in.  Well, I beat the heat, but not the humidity.
I was dripping in sweat by the time I finished my little 3 mile run. I stopped at our house and stripped off my shirt before walking around the street to cool down.
9.35 average pace!

When I got inside I was ready for breakfast. I've been wanting a smoothing....forever. I see them all the time on other people's blogs and think to myself, wow that looks amazing. But to this point I have been to lazy to make one for myself. Enter The Magic Bullet (wedding gift):
I mixed 1/2 frozen banana, coconut milk, spoonful of almond butter, spoonfull of cottage cheese, scoop of vanilla protein powder, shake each of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Probably my new favorite thing!

After letting the smoothy digest a big I went downstairs with Matt to do a short strength workout.


I went through this workout from Fitnessista 3 times!  My arms were burning so bad by the end. 

After showering and making a quick lunch Matt and I ended our weekend at our favorite vineyard with two new friends!

This is my happy place.  On our way home we stopped at a produce stand and I picked up a bunch of berries for more smoothies! Can't wait to make another!! So sad the weekend is done, but I'm looking forward to our Warrior Dash next Saturday!

Half Marathon Training Week 3
Monday: Yoga/Pilates
Tuesday: 6 miles
Wednesday: Volleyball
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 3 miles and stregth (warrior dash)
Sunday: 3 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment