Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Avocado's Are So Hot Right Now

The title of my post should obviously be said in the same voice as Zoolander saying "Hansel is so hot right now." Hopefully you guys have a strange sense of humor like myself and love all those pointless movies.  Happy Wednesday by the way. This Wednesday is another What I Ate Wednesday!

I'm warning you all ahead of time, I had a major dinnertime picture fail aka my phone sucks and chooses when it wants to save or delete pictures all on it's own. Just another reason I want an IPhone.

Breakfast:
I was going to make another smoothie today like yesterday, but I needed something to hold me over a bit longer for a long morning so I went with overnight oats instead. The smoothies will definitely be coming back this weekend though! Mid morning I snacked on half a KIND bar to hold me over until lunch.
Lunch was totally random.  I really didn't feel like making anything so I scrounged our fridge for anything I could find that was already cooked. I had some leftover Summer Black Bean and Corn Salad along with sweet potato wedges and almond butter.  After eating this I was still hungry so I had an apple as well.

This took me until about 3pm when I had my pre volleyball snack.
Banana and mini clif bar.

We had volleyball at 5:30, got out around 6:40 and went to Wawa for dinner.  I was STARVING.  I ordered a sandwhich on wheat bread with turkey, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, spinach and AVOCADO!! This is a new addition to Wawa's list of toppings. I personally think they are just trying to take some of Subway's ideas.
Man they are really working it right now.  So why so popular??

"Perhaps the biggest health benefit of avocados is that by adding avocado to certain foods, you can improve your absorption of nutrients. This means that when you combine other fat burning foods with avocado, you can improve your nutrient absorption up to 400%!
Avocados provide many general health benefits, in addition to its fat burning benefits due to its vitamin E and glutathione, which protects you against tons of diseases including several forms of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and cholesterol.
Avocados also help reduce the signs of aging, regulate blood sugar and promote eye health."

Unfortunately, this is right when my camera decided to fail. I took the picture. I know I took the picture, but my phone didn't feel like automatically saving it like all the rest of the picture I've taken.  Anywayss....picture my dinner:
1/2 of my sammi (saving the other half for tomorrow)
mixture of blueberries and strawberries
mixture of broccoli, carrots and peas with humus

Dessert:
Scoop of peanut butter and chocolate. YUM

I have 4 miles to run tomorrow after work!!  I'm going to go do some stretches to try and loosen up my hips for tomorrow.







1 comment:

  1. I've never tried sweet potato with nut butter before. That sounds great!

    ReplyDelete