Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week of Food and Workouts

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. I've realized in the past couple of weeks that this summer has been super busy. I'll probably cut down on the blogging a bit, but still provide recaps of my eats and workouts! With that said it's WIAW!

I didn't end up doing a whole day of eats, just some highlights from the week so far.  Starting off with the love of my life...greek yogurt (sorry matt).

I've been loving avocado lately, so I decided to mix my tuna salad in guacamole instead of my usual yogurt:
yummy lunch but it left me with some kickin breath

Last night I made some yummy sandwiches using my george forman as a panini press.  Why have I not done this before??? Matt baked a chicken breast for me while I was at the gym.  When I got home all I had to do was shred it, mix it with pesto and slap it on a sammy with some mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and spinach.

Today for lunch I had one of my favorite Morningstar Veggie Patties. I'm not joking, these are better than regular burgers. So good.

Tonight Matt and I had volleyball which means one thing...a quick dinner. We stopped at wawa and I got one of their pre-made salads.  When I got home I mixed in some extra goodies in the fridge:
YUM. Factoid about me: I love eggs, but when they are hard boiled I can't eat the yolk. Something about the texture just grosses me out. The only way I can eat the yolk is if it's scrambled in.


Fitness:
I've been continuing my half marathon training plan with week 4! Monday I ran 4 miles in 38.44. It was horribly hot out and I kind of hit the wall after mile 3, but I finished! Yesterday I decided to keep my workout indoors. I had 3 miles on my schedule and also wanted to get in some strength work. When I first got to the gym completed this workout of supersets:

Complete exercises in each superset one after the other with no rest in between. Complete 3 sets of each superset resting 20 seconds in between.

Superset 1:
Plank Row (15lb dumbbells)
Decline Bench Press (12lb dumbbells)

Superset 2:
Bicep Curl (10lb dumbbells)
Diamond Pushup

Superset 3:
Sumo Squat with Twist (25lbs)
Dumbbell Deadlift (15lb dumbbells)

After my strength workout I hopped on the treadmill and ran an easy 3 miles in 29.15. My legs and arms are sore today, so I guess it worked!


I have another 3 miles on the sched tomorrow and it looks like I'll be heading to the gym again :(  I miss running in the fall/spring so much.




2 comments:

  1. Yum, those sandwiches look so good! Congrats on training for your half- sounds like you're well on your way! I was intrigued by your blog title, had to stop over and say hello. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The training has definitely been keeping me busy. I almost wish the race was closer...it's September 16th! Next on my bucketlist is to try crossfit.

      Delete