Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tapering WAIW

Yay! I can't believe we are halfway through the week already and only 4 days away from my first half marathon!  And it's what I ate wednesday
 
My breakfast is a new favorite, oatmeal minus the oats. 
covered in peanut butter obvi
 
This took me from 6:30 to 10ish. Then I scarfed an apple and had some mint tea because my work is freezing.
My favorite tea. Perfect for a person with a restless stomach.
 
Lunch:
Tuna salad made with greek yogurt instead of mayo. Filled with edamame, carrots, green peppers and craisins.
and half a KIND bar. 
 
For dinner I made one of our favorite dinners, black bean burgers.  They are really easy to make and so flavorful.
cooking on the griddle.
 
black bean burgers with carrots and......blue box mac and cheese. Pick your battles ladies haha. Today I chose to give in to Matt's request lol.  Next time I'm going to make homeade mac and cheese and see what he thinks.
 
I will likely be having a nice square of dark chocolate later tonight along with some almond butter!
 
After dinner I did a short abs workout and took this little man for a walk.
"my toof is stuck on ma lip"
 
I've been taking it easy this week, trying to rest my legs before the big race. I ran 2 miles on Monday along with an abs and arms workout and ran 3 miles outside yesterday.
 
 
 
Tomorrow I'll be at the gym doing upper body and 2 miles again and then resting on Friday and Saturday before the race. I'm so ready for it to be here. I'm ready to prove to myself that I can do this!
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. OMG, such a cute dog! Love!!!
    I love peppermint tea, it's one of my favorites, I actually just made me a cup :)
    Good luck with your 1/2 this weekend.

    Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll hopefully be taking a lot of pictures so I can do a race recap next week!

      Delete