Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Are you that girl that smells like onions??

I will get to my amazing black bean burger recipe soon, but first....I learned a very important lesson yesterday. Don't cut up or eat large amounts of onions before going to the gym.  You will reek haha. Yesterday was one of those crazy busy days where you barely have time to stop and think.  I got home from work, walked the dog, made our black bean burgers (for dinner tonight) and then started on dinner for last night.  Matt's mom had given us some ham so I just wanted to make a side. I had a can of white beans on hand so I decided to use those.
I started out by putting about 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and added a half of a chopped onion and 2 cloves of garlic to it.  I cooked that for a few minutes and then added the drained white beans (15oz can) along with some salt, pepper and dried thyme.  After this cooked for a few minutes I added a splash of white wine. 
Yum. So after dinner I headed to the gym without realizing that I smelled sooo bad like big onion. I really noticed it when I started doing my cardio haha. I was trying to read people's lips around me to see if they had notice. I'm so paranoyed. 

Anyways....today was another day.  I had a dentist appointment which took FOREVERRRR. I got home around 5:30 and put my black bean burgers (made the night before) into a pan to cook.

I found this recipe somewhere, but it was so long ago now that I can't remember.
Favorite Black Bean Burgers
1 16oz can black beans
1/2 green bell pepper chopped
1/2 onion chopped
3 cloved garlic minced
1 egg
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp hot sauce
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs

Mash black beans in a bowl with a fork.  Place pepper, onion and garlic in a food processor and pulse.  Add these to the black beans and mix.  In another bowl mix together egg, chili powder, cumin and hot sauce.  Add this mixture to the black ben mixture.  Add bread crumbs until patties will stay together.  This recipe makes 4 patties.  Cook on the grill or stovetop 8 minutes per side.



I also threw a sweet potatoe in the microwave for 10 minutes (5 minutes per side) and had some carrots and celery on the side.

On such a rainy day I'm glad I'm inside staying dry. Matt surprised me today by getting our backyard fenced in for Champ!! It looks great and Champ is going to love running around back there and playing fetch!


2 comments:

  1. I found your blog a few days ago and I made these burgers last night- they were so yummy! Great recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm glad you liked them!

      Delete