Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Craving Pumpkin

Today was a blur! Busy day at work with a birthday lunch for a coworker smacked in the middle.  We went to a vietnamese restaurant in Newark.  I had never had vietnamese food before, but it was pretty good. I went safe and ordered the  chicken and mixed vegetable.  It sure was filling, so I stuck with just a peanut butter and apple butter sandwhich for dinner with a banana on the side before I went to the gym.  The gym was much less crowded than Monday! I think all of the post thanksgiving workout people have already given up lol.  I did 25 minutes of weight training and 40 minutes of cardio.  I broke my no running rule and ran for 20 minutes and loved every second of it. I did some small intervals but kept it at an easy pace just in case. But my foot feels good! I finished with 20 mintues on the bike at level 8 on the random setting.

Last night I was craving pumpkin like no other. Sometimes you just have to feed the beast! haha. I found a recipe for Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin Tops.  I think pumpkin and cranberry are amazing together so this was perfect for me. I adjust the recipe for what I had on hand and they came out perfectly.
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffin Tops (from fANNEtastic food)
dry ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
wet ingredients:
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup applesauce
1/6 cup dried cranberries
1/6 cup maple syrup
1.5 tbsp egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix dry and wet ingredients separately.  Then add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.  Form 12 small cookies.  Bake for 15 mintues on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper at 350 degrees.
YUM!! It was just what I needed. Healthy and satisfying!


No comments:

Post a Comment