Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oatmeal, Almond Butter and Jeggings

So I gave oatmeal another chance and.....yuck. I have such texture issues. I can still only handle oatmeal if it's mixed into yogurt.  But I thought I would provide you with the recipe anyways.  It tasted good, just the texture made me want to vom. Oh well
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup milk
1/2 banana cut into slices
1/3 cup pumpkin
shake of cinnamon
shake of pumkin pie spice
Put oats, milk and water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat.  Once the oatmeal starts to bubble, add banana and mix often.  The oatmeal should be done in about 5 minutes.  Stir in pumpkin, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.  Add toppings. I added a spoonfull of peanut butter and craisins.

After breakfast I went for a 3 mile run around the neighborhood.  It was a little on the cold side, but it felt good to get a run in outside with no foot pain! I came back and had lunch.  A peice of great harvest dakota toast with barney butter and apple butter, a pomagranate chobani and a sliced apple.
My new almond butter.  I'm a huge fan!

Recently I broke down and purchased my first pair of JEGGINGS haha. I resisted for so long, but tried some on a few months ago and realized that they are actually really comfy. Make fun of me all you want but I love them.


(notice my granny sweater to keep me warm in our freezing house)

After a full day of cleaning and playing with the puppers, Matt and I went out to dinner with my parents.  I had a LivingSocial coupon to a restaurant called AquaSol.  I love this place. They have really good food and they also have half portion entrees which is a huge plus in my mind.  My dinner was yummy. I had the salmon with wild rice and pineapple salsa and a side of zucchini and squash.

My mom alwys provides me with a plethera of awesome magazines when I see her. I'm sitting down to read people magazine right now.  Can't resist!


No comments:

Post a Comment