Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Busy Bee

Sorry I've been MIA lately.  The little puppy is keeping me quite busy.  He is the cutest thing ever, but he's a non-stop mover.  Yesterday I took him for a 45 minute walk around the neighborhood to attempt to tire him out, but I think quite the oposite happened. He wore me out!! lol. He's has been so good with being in his cage during the day though.  So proud!

Cutest little man. I tried to take a picture with the flash and he was all squinty eyed, so this is a little blury

Today I went to work for a half day and came home to hang with Champ (tomorrow will be his first full work day alone in the cage).  I grabbed lunch and hung out with him for a bit and then headed over to the gym for a much needed workout.  I got in about 35 minutes of weights and 45 minutes of cardio.  While I was working out I was for some reason thinking about my favorite things to do in the gym.  I realized that I couldn't go a day at the gym without doing a few things:

  1. Squats and lunges: no better feeling then a sore butt the day after a hard workout!
  2. The Assited Pull Up Machine. I love this machine. It's fun and works a lot of muscles.
  3. Sweating. I love the sweat and if I'm not drenched by the time I leave I don't feel like it was a good workout.
  4. At least 10 minutes of stretching after cardio.  I'll do anything to prevent getting injured.
After the gym it was time to make some dinner! Tonight we had pork chops on the menu.  I created some sort of dry rub and it actually turned out pretty well.  Here is what I used for two pork chops:
Pork Chop Rub (2 servings)
1 1/4 tsp Paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dark brown sugar

I put the rub on both sides of the chop and cooked them on the stovetop


I served mine with a half sweet potatoe, some all natural apple sauce and veggies.  And of course I dipped the pork chop in the apple sauce...a Vitale family must.

Hope everyone had a good day! Tomorrow's hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment