Monday, December 12, 2011

Running Outside Brrrr

Today I was determined to actually run outside. I'm already getting tired of using the treadmill at the gym and spring is still soooo far away.  I got home from work and layered up in my underarmor pants and as many layers as I could put on my upper half.  I think I ended up with 4 layers on top...a little overkill I konw hahah. I also had some gloves and some ear warmers on. I just did my usual loop around our neighborhood that is exactly 3 miles. I finished in 28.30.  Today I used the My Tracks app on my droid for the first time. It worked really well.  After my run I could view my path, how far I went and my average speed.  I still haven't figured out how to send that map and info to my computer...but baby steps people.

I cooked dinner last night in the crockpot so all I had to do tonight was warm it up!  Thank the lord for crockpots!! I made pulled pork, one of my favorite meals.
Pulled Pork
3-4lb boneless pork shoulder
1 onion
2-3 garlic cloves minced
your favorite bbq sauce
2 cups of water

It can't get much easier than this. When I woke up on Sunday morning I put the Pork shoulder in the crockpot along with the water, garlic and half of the onion  chopped.  I let it cook on low all day. About an hour before I wanted it to be done I drained all of the liquid out of the pot, shredded the pork, added a good amount of bbq sauce and let it cook on low for about another hour. 



I have a busy day tomorrow! I'm starting off my morning with getting my blood tested. My appointment is at 6:45am. Can't wait....Then I'll be working a half a day, going to get my foot xrayed and finally going to look at a venue for my bridal shower. And maybe a bit of xmas shopping on the side if I have the time.

For now I'm just trying to stay warm:


Sometimes I feel like all the blogs I read are about people that live in Florida, California or the Carolina's. Let's just say I'm a little bit jealous...



No comments:

Post a Comment