Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sick Valentine's Day

I am officially sick.  I woke up last night around 2am and couldn't fall asleep for over an hour because I couldn't breathe out of my nose.  I'm one of those people that require only two things to sleep: Be able to breathe out of both nostrils and be cold so I can curl up in my blanket.  Along with the stuffed nose came hot/cold flashes.  I still got my butt up at 5:45 and headed to work.  Not the best day but I made it through.

When I walked in the door I was pleasantly surpised by 2 things:

I had a box of organic produce delivered to my house today with a LivingSocial coupon I got a few weeks back.  In the box we got some fuji apples, bananas, carrots, potatoes, pears, kiwis, purple lettuce and rainbow chard.  Normally the box would have cost $25 but I got it for $12.
Only one question....what should I make with this???
Anyone know what to do with rainbow chard?? Thinking about adding it to a soup.

My second surprise when I got home:
He knows me well: roses, chocolates, chocolate covered strawberries, runners world and a card.
These are obviously almost finished.

After oogling all my goodies I headed out for a short run to try to rid myself of this cold. I only ran 2 miles because I was not feeling so hot.  But I'm glad I tried.  Then it was time to start dinner. I wanted to make something I know Matt would like.  He loves comfort food so I searched pinterest and found the perfect recipe.  Healthy Chicken and Cornbread Casserole
I pretty much followed the recipe except I used olive oil instead of butter and I used whole wheat pastry flour for the cornbread to add some more whole grain.
We will have lots of leftovers!


Any tips for the rainbow chard??

How was your vday?



No comments:

Post a Comment