Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yoga Thursday

The past couple of weeks I've been trying to do either yoga or pilates to mix up my workout routines.  I tend to get bored really easily when working out.  I'm always trying to figure out different things to do with my weights workouts and with running when it comes to treadmill workouts.  By Thursday night I've noticed that my body is just tired.  It's worn out from a week of workouts and week of working (whether it be a super busy week when I'm on my feet a lot like this week, or a slow week when I'm stuck in my chair at my desk).  Yoga/Pilates really helps my body unwind and helps my mind relax. 

Tonight I did an hour of yoga!

My other favorite part about these Thursdays?? I can do the workouts in the comfort of my own home.  This is especially appealing when its 40 degrees out and raining like today.
(Champ's favorite monkey toy making a cameo)

I started out with a 20 minute yoga for runners workout I found on Comcast On Demand.  It was ok, mostly stretching. Then I moved on to a 40 minute Shiva Rea Surf Yoga.  This was INTENSE!!! It started out a little slow but this lady is hard core!

I knew I was in for it when she pulled this one out! I tried really hard and got up for about 3 seconds haha.  Maybe one day I'll be able to hold it for longer.

When she did this one I had to just sit there and laugh.  How is that even possible??

After my hour was up I felt really relaxed and stretched out.  Now I'm ready to push through one more day of work until my 3 day weekend!

Weekend Plans:
Date night tomorrow with Matt. We are going to one of our favorite Italian places for dinner.  Saturday I am hoping to get to the gym early and then run some errands after lunch.  Saturday night my parents are hosting a "wine tasting" at their house for our wedding.  My dad went and got some advice about what wines to serve at the wedding and we are going to try a bunch of them out and pick a red and white for dinner.  Sunday Matt and I might go rock climbing in the morning, then I have some wedding stuff I need to work on (picking invitations/figuring out how many invitations we need) and of course my Sunday cooking for the week!






1 comment: