Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend Happenings

This past weekend me and my dad made our way up to Pittsburgh to help my sister and brother-in-law out with the kids for the weekend. My sister is due with her third in March so she could pop any day! We stopped on Friday night in Somerset, Pa about an hour outside of Pittsburgh so my dad could go to a business meeting the next day.  The ride out was pretty uneventful, but then we had to figure out how to get my parent's dog into a hotel that doesn't allow dogs.  Solution?? an empty backpack:
Poor Bo, but hey it worked.

The next morning my dad and Bo headed out to his meeting while I took advantage of the fitness room.


I did a three minute walking warm up and then finished 3.5 miles before I hit up the continental breakfast.  I had a bunch of cut up fruit with oatmeal on top and then some eggs and a peice of toast with peanut butter.

And then I took a look outside.
Not what I had planned for. It snowed the entire day Saturday and the high was in the 20s. Brrrr. We are not in Delaware anymore.  When my dad got back from his meeting we made our way to my sister's house.  Mia and Giona were there to greet us


I offered to cook dinner that night so I decided to make whole wheat sweet potato pizza.  I made one for the kids and one for the adults and they turned out wayyyy bigger than I had expected. Giona helped me with the toppings.

Sauce and cheese for the kids. Pesto, cheese, zucchini and broccoli for the adults. My brother-in-law had to work at the hospital from 7pm-7am which gave Melissa and I the perfect chance to watch Breaking Dawn Part 1!!!!  Love it.

Sunday was a blur.  We just hung around the house and played with the kids. My dad and I started our trip back to Delaware around 4:30 and got home a little after 9.  Needless to say I was a little tired at work today.  Good thing it was a slow day where I could zone out a lot.  I headed to the gym after work and got a good weights workout in and then did ten minutes each on the bike, eliptical and treadmill.  I have a feeling I'm going to pass out early tonight. I might be using a little wine to make sure I do...unfortunately the kids were sick which means Aunt Meggie is getting sick too.  The perils of being an aunt lol.










No comments:

Post a Comment