Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Weekend In a Nutshell

My weekend has been great so far...besides the lack of sleep.  Matt and I went out to dinner on Friday night and then out for drinks with friends.  Something did not agree with Matt and he was up all night getting sick, poor guy.  We were both pretty tired on Saturday morning.  I started out my morning with a nice big bowl of oatmeal:
1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, handfull of craisins, cut up apple, and a spoonfull each of peanut butter and apple butter.  I have finally cured my aversion to oatmeal.  I just can't eat it by itself.  I have to have fruit cut up in it or have it mixed in yogurt...I'm weird. After my breakfast I left for my usual saturday morning workout! I love weekend workouts b/c I can get a lot more done. I started with this workout that left me  sore the next morning:


Then I hopped on the treadmill and ran 4 miles.  I warmed up for a mile including a 2 minute walk and then I went from speed 6.0 up to 7.4 by increments of 0.2 and ran at each for 2 minutes. I looked like such a hot mess afterwards.  I wish I could be one of those people who "glows" and doesn't sweat like a pig.

Lunch to refuel:
Random veggie scramble:  brussel sprouts, carrots, broccoli and peppers sauted and then I added some liquid egg whites and topped it with cheese.  Apple Cinnamon Chobani on the side :)

And now for the highlight of my weekend: Wine Tasting At The Rent's House!
My dad is in charge of all of the drinks for the wedding.  He wants to have a red and a white at each table for dinner and then have some other options at the bar for cocktail hour.  He went to a local liquor store with our menu and the people there recommended some choices for wines to go with the appetizers/entrees.  So my dad got a bottle of each and we invited some friends and family over to rate them.   Going in to this I thought there might be 5 or 6 wines.  I walked in and found 15 bottles of wine looking me in the eye hahah.

And a table set up with one white glass and one red glass for each person along with a pen and paper for ratings. 
Along with the wine we had strawberries, lots of cheese and crackers and of course chocolate!  I ate wayyyyy too much chocolate. I have serious problems lol.  All the wine was awesome and I would be happy with any of them at the wedding. 
 I think my mom and dad should go in to business after this one. My mom stayed up until 1:30 in the morning the night before getting descriptions of all of the wines.  This picture was taken after all 15 were tried haha. 

Now you would think I would sleep like a rock after this, but somehow I didn't.  I woke up at 8:30 not feeling rested at all. Matt and I went rock climbing, ran some errands and took champ for a walk. Then I really wanted something light for dinner so I cooked up some tilapia, asparagus and sweet potatoes.

And the absolute best part of my weekend?? It's not over. I have tomorrow off!!

Anyone else out there ever hosted their own wine tasting??








No comments:

Post a Comment