Monday, February 20, 2012

Day Off Fun

Today I had off from work and Matt decided to take off even though he didn't have the official holiday so he could hang with me....cuz I'm awesome.   We were a little slow to wake up which I quite enjoyed.  When we actually did wake up we ate a quick breakfast and then went to the gym.  I started out my workout with this abs workout with a side of legs.

I found some of these exercises in my Fitness Magazine:

And I found some on their website:
this plank pike up is killer!

Then I went and did 10 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the treadmill doing some hill work which killed my calves.  Right now my whole body hurts. My arms are pretty sore from rock climbing yesterday. 

Lunch:
I've been crazy about eggs lately and today was no different.  I cooked up some spinach and then poured some of my egg whites over them.  I had the eggs on a whole wheat deli flat with the most AMAZING cheese spread on it.  There's a place around here called The Back Burner and they make a cheese spread called Better Cheddar that is so addicting.  I wasn't sure how it would taste with my eggs but it was pretty much the best thing ever.



After lunch I went out to the mall on a mission.  Find a dress for my bachelorette party that is coming up in less than 3 weeks.  We are going to Atlantic City, so I figure I should get something a little out of my slightly preppy comfort zone.  I went in about 7 stores....and found nothing haha.  I'm so bad at shopping.  I'm sure I'll find something eventually, or just wear something I already have.  When I got home from the mall it was already time to start dinner. I had big plans tonight.  I found a recipe on pinterest that looked so good I had to give it a go. 

I followed this recipe, but I cut my pork loin in half since it's just Matt and I and froze the other half for later.  The hardest part for me was butterlying the pork loin, something I've never done before.  It turned out pretty well though.  I basically cooked boxed stuffing (minus the butter they suggest) and mixed that with craisins and walnuts.  Then I butterflied the pork loin and stuffed the mixture inside and then rolled and secured with toothpicks.  Then I seared the pork for a couple minutes per side and finished it in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.




YUM. I'm pretty sure I'll be hitting up the leftovers for dinner tomorrow night. 

Snack:
Microwaved banana for 30 seconds with a spoonfull of peanut butter, greek yogurt and some granolla.











No comments:

Post a Comment