Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hair and Makeup Trial!

Today was my hair and makeup trial for the wedding.  I was a little nervous because I'm not too particular about what I want for hair and makeup and I was unsure about if I would be able to make a decision about what styles to do. 

Before I left I started with a nice filling breakfast:
don't worry there's actually oatmeal under there
1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup almond milk, craisins, a cut up apple and a spoonfull of peanut butter

Then it was off to the salon.  I got my hair done first and I think it turned out pretty well:
I wanted loose curls swept to the side and then I picked out a comb to put in it since I'm not wearing a veil.

I'll have some peiced down on the side, but on the acutal day of we're going to cut them a little shorter.


Then it was time for makeup!
I think she did a really great job on my makeup .  I wanted some purple to bring out my green eyes but I didn't want to look overdone.  The woman used bare minerals makeup which I'm thinking of buying for myself I liked it so much.

I dropped by my parents house to show my mom and dad, then went home to make a quick lunch.
Blueberry chobani, deli flat with peanut butter and apple butter, and some veggies with hummus.

Then it was time for errands. Matt and I ran out to the mall which was a nightmare.  So crowded. Then we went to take care of his parent's cats and go to the drug store.  When I got home I wanted to do some sort of workout.  I did a 40 minute yoga workout.  I wanted to keep it simple today since I'm planning a longer workout at the gym tomorrow morning!

Dinner:
My mom gave me a huge bag of portabella mushrooms.  I decided to make a big "stirfry."  First I cooked up a bit of every veggie I could find.
mushrooms, brussel sprouts, asparagus, carrots, celery

Then I mixed in some quinoa, black beans and cheese and topped it with a falafel leftover from dinner last night (Matt and I went out to a Mediterranean place with a groupon I had).

I also had some hummus and pita on the side. YUM.  And I had a rice crispy treat for dessert!

I'm really glad today went well.  One less thing to worry about.  I think half my hair fell out in the shower after I took this baby out though haha.  I guess that's what a pound of hairspray does. 








No comments:

Post a Comment