Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm An Aunt Again!!

I woke up this morning to 4 text messages and 5 missed calls...oops.  It turns out my sister went into labor last night and gave birth to my neice Abri Kathryn around 5:30am.  This is number 3 for my sister and she had all three with no drugs....don't know how she did it.
Sleepy little girl

Giona and Mia will be such good big siblings.
Mia staying warm in her comfy sweater.
Giona getting ready to play in the snow.


Earlier today Matt and I went to the gym for our Sunday workout.  I did a legs and arms workout and then hopped on the treadmill to run 4 miles.  I started with a 5 minute warm up and then went form 6.0 to 7.2 in incriments of 0.2 staying at each for 2 minutes.  When I got to 7.2 I made my way back down to 6.4 and then did some incline work.  I got home and had my usual weekend lunch of eggs.  I cooked up some spinach and sun dried tomatoes and then added some egg whites and cheese.
On the side I had 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt and 1/4 cup pumpkin mixed with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice for some extra post workout protein.

For dinner I decided to treat Matt to steak since we haven't had it in....forever (sorry Matt).  On of the major reasons I don't cook steak in the winter is because I never cook it well.  The only way I really like steak is on the grill.  I attempted to broil it today and it took forever. I'm not sure if our broiler isn't as hot as other people's or what but it should have taken me 12 minutes to cook the london broil and it ended up taking me 30 minutes.  I was kind of pissed.  I might have yelled at the oven a few times.  Then I take the steak out and it's overcooked! I give up!
I'll let Matt handle the steak from now on. The best part about dinner were the potatoes.  I chopped up two potatoes adn mixed them in some olive oil.  Then I added a mixture of parmesean cheese, garlic powder and paprika to the potatoes and baked them at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  They were soooooo good.  On the side were some veggies and hummus. 

I'm over at my parents house now dog sitting for the night.  They left around noon to go up to Pittsburgh for the night to meet the little one :)  Wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow.   I'm currently counting down until my bachelorette party (13 days) and the hour long massage that Matt and I have next weekend thanks to Groupon!!






No comments:

Post a Comment