Saturday, March 3, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Oh man I just cannot make myself post on Fridays....Fridays = no motivation.  I'll catch you all up in no time though.  Last night my friend Sarah from high school came over and then we went out to dinner with Matt at a new place out by the mall called Bahama Breeze.  It's a chain but there aren't any other one's around us so it was exciting to go somewhere new. I looked at the menu ahead of time (as usual) so I knew exactly what I was going to order.
Crab, Shrimp, Mango and Avocado Stack.  I loved the presentation and it tasted just as good.
I also got a cup of the chicken tortilla soup which turned out to be my favorite part of the meal.
My night ended at 10:15 when I passed out. Real cool I know. I'm just resting up for Atlantic City next weekend!!

This morning I was determined to get to the gym.  The fact that I slept over nine hours last night gave me some extra energy to get out the door.  I started out with a weights workout including goblet squats, backward lunges, deadlifts, bench presses, dumbbell flies, and dips.  Then I moved on to some bosu ball abs work. 

I couldn't tell if I was in the mood to run or not, but I hopped on the treadmill anyways.  After a couple of miles I realized it would be a good run.  I started with 2 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of slow running for wam up and then I did intervals with 2 minutes jogging and 1 minute sprinting until I hit 4 miles.  My "jog pace" ranged from 6.2 to 6.4 and my sprints went up from 6.6 to 7.4 and back down.  On my way back down I also upped the incline to 1.0.  I finished 4 miles in 37.30.  Wheh I got home I was starving. Good thing half my lunch was already made.  My work had a meeting catered by panera yesterday and the leftovers were in the breakroom for us non important people later that day.  I ended up with a half mediterranean veggie sandwich.

I paird it with 1/3 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt with a couple scoops of pumpkin and apple butter mixed in for some extra protein.
YUM. Nice and filling. Now I'm just hanging out until Matt and I head to our hour long massage at 3:15!!!! I'm so excited. This is only my second massage ever so I hope I enjoy it (sometimes I get weird with people I don't know touching me).

No comments:

Post a Comment