Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day of Rest

The backs of my legs and my butt are killing me from yesterdays workout.  I'm in need of a day of rest, and what better day than one that is full of rain and grey skies?  The weather this winter has been so crazy here in Delaware.  Today it has been pouring all day and it was in the 40s.  Tomorrow will be sunny and 62....this is not a normal February/March for the northeast.  I'm trying to decide if I want to run tomorrow since it will be so nice, or go to the gym and lift and run on the treadmill.

I love strength training and I'm so glad that I started doing it.  When I first started working out regularly in college I did as most do, I just hopped on a cardio machine and sweated it out.  I didn't want to get "big and bulky" afterall.  How did this rumor ever start??!!  Lifting heavy weights will not make you bulk up if you are a woman.  It's just not in our genes.  Lifting is especially important for runners becuase it can increase speed/endurance and help prevent injuries.  I love the difference I've seen in my arms especially since I've started lifting. I'll never go back to a cardio only gym experience! Even though I love weight training, I have a feeling I'm going to have to take advantage of this nice weather and go for a run around campus tomorrow! 

And Now What I Ate Wednesday:

Breakfast: Overnight Oats!
1 6oz container blueberry chobani, 1/4 cup oatmeal, splash of almond milk, chia seeds, and wheat germ topped with peanut butter, craisins and granolla
addicted I know

Lunch: Quinoa and Veggies. Apple on the side
In the mix 1/4 cup quinoa, black beans, brussel sprouts, asparagus, zucchini, carrots, craisins, slivered almonds and blue cheese mixed in
This was yum and it kept me full for a while at work.

Dinner: Leftover Chicken, Pasta and Spinach
leftovers heated up from last week

Bags of veggies on the side

I also had several snacks throughout the day.  Trail mix from wawa for my mid morning snack and a mix of pineapple and strawberries with cottage cheese for my nighttime snack. 






No comments:

Post a Comment