Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ouch, My Body

Today every part of my body hurts.  I'm not even being dramatic I swear.  My back and forearms hurt from rock climbing, and my calves, the back of my thighs and abs hurt from my workouts on Saturday and Monday.  My body was telling me to slow down today.  I needed a rest day...don't mind if I do!  I got home from work and went on a walk with this little guy around the neighborhood.

When I got home I was craving something sweet, something pumpkin and something with protein in it.  I did a little searching online and decided to make these:


Recipe:
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
2 tbsp agave nector (b/c I didn't have molasses)
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup craisins (so much better than raisins)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients together.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (makes 12 cookies) and bake for 20 minutes. 


The cookies turned out pretty well.  They were a little mooshy at first, but I think I just went at them too soon.  They started hardening up a little with time. 

In other news...it's going to be 60 DEGREES here tomorrow!!!!! I hope my muscles are feeling better by tomorrow so I can go out for a run after work.  This is the warmest it has been since the fall and it's going to stay there for about 3 days, so I have to take advantage of it while I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment