Thursday, March 15, 2012

My First Gym Chat

I'm going to be honest here....I have belonged to my current gym for over a year, and I rarely ever talk to anyone when I'm there. I make no effort to socialize with others. The most I ever do is say hi and then go along my way to my machine.

In fact a regular came up to me once (and by regular I mean I can count on him being there whenever I'm there) and asked me why I looked so serious.  I told him I was tired so we didn't have to do the awkward back and forth of me not being extra chipper that day.  Apparently I give off a bitch vibe at the gym. I don't get it I think I'm a nice person...most of the time lol. But to be honest, when I get to the gym I only have a limited amount of time to get what I want to done before I leave.

However, today was a different story. Someone talked to me...and I actually talked back. I guess I wasn't too into my workout today so I talked to this guy for the 20 minutes that I was on the elliptical.  It wasn't so bad I guess.  Is anyone else the same as me out there? I like to be in the zone when I'm working out so I can get the most out of my time. I feel like some people just go there to socialize. 

My workout turned out pretty well. I started out with 15 minutes of abs workouts on the stability ball including this bad boy:
Killer. Works your abs and your arms.

Then I did a quick arms workout based on some moves I learned in a weights class I took a while ago.  I'll have to do some research and figure out the names of the moves so I can tell you all.  Then I moved on to 20 minutes on the bike on random setting level 8 and 20 minutes on the elliptical on random settting level 8.  Even though I was "socializing" I still walked out of there a sweaty mess. 

Thursdays are always leftover days in our house:
Leftover chili from Monday!!

Handful of veg on the side.


I'm getting really excited for our 5k on Saturday! Fingers crossed for breaking 26! I will be happy with anything under 27 to be honest, but I like to set some goals to reach for. And after the race?? St. Patty's day fun!  Oh crap, just realized I have no green in my closet. I'll need to fix that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment