Monday, April 9, 2012

Killer Abs

Hope everyone had a good Easter. Matt and I had a busy day! We woke up and went for a  4 mile run around the neighborhood and then went over to Matt's parent's house for lunch. Then we went to Philadelphia with my parents to meet my brother and his girlfriend for dinner! Lots of good food and wine were had! But today it was back to work :( I wish all companies gave a spring break.

I've been feeling a little flub in the middle lately so I did some searching online today for a good abs workout I could do at the gym before I hopped on the treadmill. I found this workout on Women's Health Magazine's website for "6 pack abs in 6 weeks," we'll see about that lol.   The workout includes a set of 7 different workouts that you go through.  Doing all of them only took me about 15 minutes!
Stability Ball Pelvic Tilt Crunch
3 sets of 12-15 reps, 30 sec rest in between
Walk the Plank and Rotate
2 sets of 8-10 reps
Arm Pull Over Straight-Leg Crunch
3 sets of 15 reps
The Matrix
3 sets of 15 reps
Nose To Knee Crunch
2 sets of 15 reps
Prone Oblique Roll
2 sets of 12-15 reps
Back Extension Rear Leg Raise
2 sets of 15 reps

Overall I really liked the workout. I had some difficulties staying balanced during the prone oblique roll. I fell off the stability ball a couple of times and was really glad that nobody was around to see me being a hot mess haha.

After my ab workout I moved to the treadmill for an interval workout. I really can't run on the treadmill without intervals or I go crazy from boredom.  I started with 2 minutes of walking and then moved on to running 2 minutes at a 6.2 speed and then sprinting for 1 minute at different speeds ranging from 6.4 to 7.4.  I ran the whole thing at a 1.0 interval.  I finished 3.25 miles in 30.30. 

By the time I got home I was pretty hungry so I was really happy that dinner was already pretty much made, Easter Part 2!
Ham with stuffing and a mix of zucchini and brussel sprouts







No comments:

Post a Comment