Monday, May 21, 2012

Is it Guac or Hummus?

The title of my post I'll get to in a second. First things first...let's talk about the highlight of my night last night. Keeping Up With The Kardashians returned and it was just as horrible as I remember.  I just can't Not watch it.  And poor Matt got sucked into watching it too, what a good fiance lol. 
But there was one thing that was different about the way we watched the Kardashians last night....we watched them in HD and boy was it scary.  Yikes.  Bruce's face looked like it was sliding off his skull and Kris's face looked like it was so taught that you could pop it like a balloon. And then the makeup on all of them was a whole different story. I think I'll go back to watching it on the regular channel so I can make it through the entire hour.

Now onto my Monday.  I decided to try something a little outside of the box for lunch.  I found a recipe on Pinterest from Running To The Kitchen that I based mine off of for a Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich.
First I drained a 15oz can of chickpeas and smashed them with a potato masher.  Then I added an entire avocado to the mix and combined the two.  I aslo mixed in a teaspoon of chopped garlic, 3 chopped sundried tomatoes salt, pepper and lime juice.  Simple as that.
I spread mine on a whole wheat deli flat and topped it with a slice of cheese and spinach.  The flavor of the mixture was really great. Some sort of cross between hummus and guacamole (both of which I love).  The only thing I had to get used to was the texture since the chickpeas are only smashed and not blended like when they are in hummus. And this recipe made a lot.  Probably enough for another 3 sandwiches.  It could also be used as a dip for veggies!

After work I went to the gym since it was nasty out.  My legs were pretty sore from my workout yesterday, but I decided to attempt a slow run.  I started out with a five minute warm up, and once my legs got loose I felt great.  I did 4 miles of interval work, first doing a 2 minute jog and 1 minute sprint cycle and then switching to 2 minutes of sprinting with 1 minute of jogging for the second half. I finished 4 miles in 38 minutes. 

Then it was time for dinner and yet another recipe from pinterest (I have issues I know).  I used this recipe to make my own.  I cooked two chicken breasts in a crockpot all day while I was at work.  When I got home from the gym all I had to do was cook up some peppers and onions, combine that with the chicken, wrap it in my whole wheat wraps and assemble.  I loved the combination of greek yogurt and salsa for the enchilada sauce, both things I already had in the fridge.
Not the prettiest picture b/c I had some difficulty getting them out of the pan, but they still tasted amazing.  And we have lots of leftovers. 

My day of eats tomorrow will not be as excited. I'm lunch ADD again and can't decide what to have, so I will probably be running to the salad bar for lunch. Fingers crossed that it doesn't rain tomorrow!!





No comments:

Post a Comment