Sunday, May 20, 2012

New Butt Kicking Circuit Workout!!

Last night when we got home from Marie's graduation I had this waiting at my doorstep:
I was so excited I attempted to flip through the whole thing in one night, until I realized it was over 400 pages long.  So let's just say I SKIMMED it. 
I was most interested in the section for total body workout moves.  I made my own little circuit workout for this morning at the gym.  I did three sets of this workout with a set of cardo work that I found on pinterest.

Big Book Of Exercises Full Body Circuit Workout
Dumbbell Straight Leg Deadlift To Row (15 dumbbells, 12 reps)
Single Arm Dumbbell Swing (single 12 lb dumbbell, 10 reps each arm)
Seated dumbbell overhead tricep extension (8lb dumbbells, 12 reps)
Side Lunge and Press (8lb dumbbells, 10 reps each side)
Split Stance Dumbbell Curl (10lb dumbbells)
Single Arm Dumbbell Snatch (15lb dumbbell, 10 reps each side)

My favorite new move was the single arm dumbbell snatch:
I loved this. I felt like I was in crossfit! PS I want to try crossfit so bad but it is rediculously overpriced.  $150/month...I think I'll stick with my $24/month gym membership.  Matt and I watched the Crossfit Games on ESPN this weekend and we were both like "I want to try that so bad!!"  Maybe someday when we are rich and famous haha.


Sooo anyways...after each round of my circuit workout I did this short but very intense cardio workout from the creator of Insanity, Shaun T.  This workout consisted of 7 different moves that you do for 30 seconds each with no rest in between.  Let me tell you, my thighs were on fire after this.
Pushup Jacks
Power Knees (30 sec each knee)
Ski Abs
Tricep Dips
Plank Squats
Power Jumps
Power Squats

I'm going to be totally honest with you, I couldn't do teh pushup jacks, so I cut them out of my workout.  My favorite move were the plank squats.


After three rounds of the circuit workout and three rounds of the cardio workout, I was dead. It took me 45 minutes all together. I ended my workout with about 10 minutes of ab work and lots of stretching.

The rest of my day was spent running errands out the wazoo.  The high point in my errands?? Purchasing these wedges from DSW (I had a $20 coupon).

And making homeade turkey meatballs for dinner :)
No method to the madness really.  Turkey, oregano, basil, an egg, panko, and parmesean.  Baked for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
That's right, I eat my spaghetti with a spoon.  All real Italians do lol. 

I only have 3 days of work this week and lots of little things to get done. I asked Matt to proof read the place cards that I made, and for one husband and wife I actually wrote Mr. and Mr. instead of Mr. and Mrs.  Oops. haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment