Saturday, May 19, 2012

Healthy Chocolate For Breakfast??

My morning started out on a high note. I made a new batch of chocolate overnight oats.  Yes, that's right...chocolate for breakfast.  I mixed 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt, 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup almond milk and 1 packet stevia in the raw.
Cocoa powder is jam packed with with antioxidants and no sugar! When I mixed the oats with the cocoa powder alone it was a bit bitter, so I added 1 packed of stevia in the raw which is a natural sweetener derived from the Stevia Plant.  I'm not big on artificial sweeteners but I thought I would give this one a try since I have been reading mostly positive things about it because it is from a plant.  It was alright.  I think most of the time I will stick with honey, agave or normal sugar. 

After breakfast Matt and I headed to UD campus for a run. We each took our own route and then met up at the end. Matt ran 6 miles and I did in about the same time.

My average pace was an 8.54 minute mile. 
Splits:
9.24
9.06
8.52
8.44
8.23

strike a pose
strike the same pose

It was nice to run around campus right before we get married and remember all the good times Matt and I had when we first met.  I can pass the house where we met, where we had our first kiss, and where he asked me to be his girlfriend all in one run. 
setting up for graduation next weekend

When we got home from our run, we made a quick lunch and then had to get ready to head out for Matt's sister's graduation. She graduated from Widener Law School today.
Veggie and cheese egg white omlet.

Because I am such an awesome blogger, I totally didn't take any pictures at Widener or at dinner.  Blogger fail.  I loved my dinner though. I ordered the Seared Ahi Tuna Salad and it was amazing.  This is quickly becoming one of my favorite entrees. 

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get to the gym early and then run lots of errands all day!!









No comments:

Post a Comment