Monday, May 14, 2012

Two Day Post

Sorry for no post last night! In all honestly, I just didn't feel like it. I was too tired and I just felt like being lazy and watching a movie with Matt, so that's what I did!  But I'm back in the swing today so I'll catch you up on what's been happening the past couple of days.

I currently cannot walk without looking like an crippled old woman because of my workout sunday morning. I wanted to get a good stregnth workout in because I knew I woulnd't have much time for another until next weekend. Well, I may have pushed it a bit too far....oops. Here's what I did:
I went through this workout 3x, then did 15 minutes of random abs work, followed by 20 minutes on the eliptical to finishe it out.  I think the thing that really got me in the end were the squat swings.
This is pretty much what I did, except that I used a single 15lb dumbbell instead of a kettleball (because my gym doesn't have any) and only used one arm instead of two.  I did 10 with each arm and boy did they end up killing my legs, but in a good way!

After my workout I went to see The Avengers with Matt.  It was alright.  I really think I should have watched Thor first, because I had no idea what was happening sometimes.  When I got home from the movie, dinner was waiting in the crockpot!
It's a little hard to see, but I made Skinnytaste's Crockpot Buffalo Chicken.  I put mine on a deli flat and made a blue cheese sauce to go with it.  I combined 2 tbsp greek yogurt, 2 tbsp low fat mayo, 1 tbsp white vinegar and two tbsp blue cheese.  Perfect addition to the sandwhich.
salad on the side.

My Monday was nothing special, besides the fact that I woke up and coulnd't move.  I decided to go the gym anyways and take it easy.  I did a 20 minute abs workout and then hopped on the treadmill.  Bad idea.  My ankle had been bothering me a bit since our trail run on Saturday, and it still hurts a bit when I run.  I finished 1.5 miles in 15 minutes and decided to stop.  I got on the stationary bike for 20 minutes instead to finish off my workout.  I biked at random setting level 8 and tried to keep my RPM above 7.0 the whole time.  Tomorrow I am taking the day off so I can go pick up my wedding dress! I'm sure my muscles will appreciate it. 

For dinner I had something quick and easy planned.
Ready made tortelloni, mixed with shrimp, veggies and pesto sauce.

YUM. 

I'm trying to think of a couple of books to get for our honeymoon.  Any recommendations out there?? 






No comments:

Post a Comment