Monday, June 25, 2012

Not Off To A Great Start

Today I woke up and was so happy that I wasn't horribly sore from yesterday's workout! I was ready to run, ready to start my half marathon training!  I thought it would be the perfect day for a run.  80 degrees with some clouds in the sky.  Well I started running and knew right away it wasn't going to be a great run.  Good thing I only had 3 miles on the schedule for today.  I tried to stay around a 9:30 pace, but I really felt like the sun was getting to me. 
Well, I finished with a 9.24 average pace, but I felt like poop haha.  The bad runs make you appreciate the good runs. That's what I tell myself.  When I got home from my run I went down in the basement and did some ab work to finish my workout for the day. I have another 3 on my schedule for tomorrow, and then I'll be running errands in my sweaty running clothes.

Dinner tonight was a super simple crockpot meal:
Chili based on a recipe I found on pinterest:
2 chicken breasts
1 can of black beans, drained
1 can of cannelini beans, drained
1 can of diced tomatoes
16oz can of tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
few handfuls of frozen corn

Cook on low all day and enjoy!

Matt also had a big hand in dinner tonight. The salad greens we ate on the side came from his veggie garden. Look at that spinach baby:
Don't mind me covering my boobs, I don't wear bras when I get home from work.


For dessert I had a carrot cake muffin that I baked yesterday:
I found this recipe on fannetastic food.  I had all of the ingredients on hand which always makes my life a whole lot easier.

Dry:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup craisins
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Wet
1 & 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 cup shredded carrot

Mix wet and dry, bake at 350 for 25 minutes. YUM!! I think they taste great, Matt thinks they are a little too "healthy tasting" so he wants to add cream cheese icing haha.  Oh Matt.






No comments:

Post a Comment