Thursday, June 28, 2012

Shmoops I'm A Bad Blogger

Hello everyone! It's been a busy week here for me so I've kind of fallen off the blogging wagon. But, I'm back. So what's been going on with me you ask?? Oh pretty much the same as usual.  Sleep, eat, work, workout, eat, sleep.  Exciting stuff I know. 

Workouts:
I've been continuing my first week of my half marathon training schedule by completing 3 miles on Tuesday outside at a 9.24 pace.  It felt a lot better than my run on Monday.  On Wednesday we had volleyball, so no running there!  Today I went to the gym and completed this strength workout before hopping on the treadmill:
Complete 3 Rounds:
12 Deadlift to Bent Over Row (15lb dumbbells)
10 Rep Benchpress (15lb dumbbells)
10 Reps Each Arm Single Arm Dumbbell Squat Swing (15lb dumbbell)
8 reps alternating front and side arm raises (8lb dumbbells)
20 Air Squats

Treadmill:
Alternating 2 minutes "jog" and 1 minute "sprint" for 2.5 miles, then run 0.5 miles at 9.30 min mile.

I'm planning my long run (not really) this week for Saturday morning. I'm going to have to get up at the crack of dawn and rock my water belt before it hits 95 degrees that day.

Food:
Here is my What I Ate Wednesday post a day late! I took all the pictures yesterday, but didn't get home until after 8:30 last night and was pooped.
Breakfast:
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats Goodness.  I live for breakfast every morning.

Snack:
Cherries!! and...
I got a box of mini KIND bars in assorted flavors, but I think I still like the almond cashew the best.

Lunch:
Tuna salad made with veggies and hummus and an apple. I also had a bite of a luna protein bar.

Before Volleyball:
unpictured banana and..

Dinner:
 I met my friend at Iron Hill Brewery for dinner and ordered the grilled chicken breast with red quinoa.
This was really good. The sauce they used was nice and tart from the granny smith apples. When I finally got home I sat down with Matt to watch the rest of the swimming olympic trials and munch on some dark chocolate.

I'm so excited that there is only one day left in the week. We have a pretty open weekend, which never happens! I think we are going to enjoy it!







No comments:

Post a Comment