Sunday, June 24, 2012

Last "Free" Weekend

I'm so sad the weekend is over! I really took a breather and enjoyed myself before I start my half marathon training. Matt and I went to the beach on Saturday with our friend Chelsea and had the best day just laying around, going in the water and playing games on the boardwalk.  I even got a little tan (please hold back your shock and awe).  Tomorrow I'll be starting my half marathon training plan for the next 12 weeks...hikes. That seems like a really long time to me.  Here is my training plan as it stands now.


I definitely will not stick to this 100%.  Certain weekends that we are away on vacation I will try to do my long run in the middle of the week instead.  I'm looking forward to the work this week because it's just short distances!

But before I start that, this morning I headed to the gym for a strength and crosstraining workout.
I took this with me to the gym because my memory sucks.  The numbers are the weights that I used.  I went through this workout 3 times adding 10 burpees to the end of each round.  Then I hopped on the elliptical for 20 minutes and finished with 10 minutes of ab work.  When I got home I had a big cup of coffee with a scoop of vanilla protein powder in it.  It's actually not half bad.  The protein powder kind of acts like a creamer. I cooked up my usual weekend lunch of an omlet...except that I burnt the crap out of it.
Still ate it though.

After lunch Matt and I went out to run errands.  We went ot Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up some of the things left on our registry.  Going into this, I didn't think it would take too long.  Boy was I wrong.  For being a store that primarily deals with wedding registries, it seemed like nobody had any idea what they were doing.  Matt and I walked  out so ready to be done.  We both have a very short span of time that we can shop consecutively.  I am not one of those people who can shop for hours on end.  Aft BB&B I ran to Old Navy because I had a $20 coupon.  I got a few pairs of shorts (adding to my current shorts collection of....2) and a dress for our friends wedding in August.  Then headed home to start dinner.

On the menu...PIZZA.
sooooo goood. I used the recipe for my whole wheat pizza crust,  topped Matt's side with sauce, cheese and pepparoni, my side with pesto, cheese, spinach and cherry tomatoes. YUM.  I'm having the rest of mine for lunch tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Time to go get my stuff together for the week.





No comments:

Post a Comment